QC Microbiology Analyst - West Lothian - This Area Only | Zoek UK
QC Microbiology Analyst
West Lothian - This Area Only
Our client one of the world's leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets are seeking a QC Microbiology Analyst for a 1 year contract role based near Livingston.
To support the production of both development and market finished products under GMP conditions via provision of Microbiological analysis
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work as part of a team alongside other operational teams
- Involved in the execution and reporting of routine microbiology testing to determine fitness for purpose of starting materials, intermediate and finished products.
- Technically competent in microbiology activities. Key aspects of this role will include managing stocks and growth promotion of incoming media, performing Environmental Monitoring, and analysis of Non-Sterile samples of raw materials and finished products. All activities to be performed under current cGMP, SOP's and/or pharmacopoeia.
- Conduct calibrations in accordance with SOP.
- Conduct purchasing of consumables and maintain stock levels as required for the operation of the microbiology laboratory.
- Ensure Out of Specification results are reported at the time of discovery and communicated to relevant internal and external personnel.
- Ensure laboratory work sheets and notebooks are completed appropriately to record experimentation.
- Complete Environmental monitoring reports as per frequency defined in SOP.
Results oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality output: Solid planning and organizational ability Reliable, tolerant and dependable: Enjoy working in a fast, stimulating environment. Goal-oriented: Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines Excellent communication/ presentation skills. Able to get on with others and be a team player, but is equally comfortable working independently.
Specific Job Skills
* Relevant qualification, HNC/HND/Science Degree or Equivalent
* An understanding of drug development and manufacturing processes
* Direct experience with pharmaceutical, biotechnology or food industry
* Demonstrated technical competence of the technical and practical skills involved in analytical activities to prescribed quality standards
* Able to communicate well with others, both laboratory and non-laboratory based
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Good understanding of quality control, SOP and GMP adherence
* Have a broad knowledge with and experience of working within a cGMP/GLP environment.
* Experience of quality control within a pharmaceutical environment
* Skilled in Microbiology techniques including Microlimit testing, Environmental monitoring, TVC testing.
* Experience of data reporting and checking data within a QC environment
* Understand and demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving with GMP constraints.
Computer skills: Must be competent in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word,
e-mail and internet
Literacy and Numeracy: Must be competent in writing reports both for internal use and for customers. Must be competent in the interpretation of analytical data.
Business Presentation Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
Posted 17 days ago