Science Teacher required in Portsmouth
£110 - £150 per day
Science Teacher - Southsea, Portsmouth - January 2020
One of our client schools based in Southsea, Portsmouth are looking to recruit a Science Teacher for January 2020. Ideally this will be a full time position but the school are willing to consider part time/job share for the right candidate. A small school, you will join an established department which has seen the Head of Faculty in his current position for over 5 years. The school is adjoined to 3 local academies within its trust and so opportunities to progress within the school or is associated schools exist.
The Science Teacher will be professional, flexible and adaptable with the opportunity to work in a demanding and rewarding school.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Be passionate for teaching with the ability to deliver planned lessons to the highest quality
* Compassionate and respectable towards staff and students alike
* Demonstrate commitment to education and the development of pupils
* Create dynamic and inspiring teaching methods
To apply for this role, you must:
Have experience teaching science in a secondary environment.
Have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or be working towards it, or another relevant teaching qualification.
We deem this to be a great position on the basis that;
- Behaviour for learning has recently been rated as 'Good' by Ofsted
- The school have a friendly and supportive team who go the extra mile and truly work collegiately
- The departments facilities are modernised and recently renovated
- The department is very well-resourced with practical equipment and a Science Technician to aid with teaching
- Future investment has and will continue to be made in ICT facilities across the academy
- Leadership has a focus on professionally developing staff to eventually lead teams of their own in the near future
If you are thinking about a new role for January 2020, please get in touch by submitting your CV today!
Posted 24 days ago