Peterculter, Aberdeen, Scotland
Permanent (Part time)
At Sanctuary Care, we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. It goes without saying that kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our 'family' at Sanctuary Care, whether that's our staff, residents or family members.
Birch House Care Home, 9-12 Brighton Court , Brighton Place, Peterculter , Aberdeenshire
£ per hour - 24 Hours per week
*We pay up to £3,000 when you join Sanctuary Care. Relocation packages are also available.*
*Why work for us?*
We spend so much time at work don't we, so our ethos at Sanctuary Care is to enrich the lives of both our residents and staff. Let's have some fun while we're at work, support each other and work hard as a team. There's loads of training and promotion opportunities available for those who want to pursue it and every day job satisfaction at Birch House for all regardless of role.
Sanctuary Care has over 100 care homes and you can 'feel' the difference a team makes the moment you step through one of our doors. The team at Birch House is special and we're looking for special people to join us. Become a part of it and apply for this role.
*Where you'll work*
"The team at Birch House is passionate about doing everything we possibly can to enrich our residents' lives with activities and experiences that make them feel fulfilled and happy. Their interests and the things they like to spend their time doing vary as widely as their needs. From watching magicians and musicians to handling owls, snakes and spiders, our residents are often really brave about trying new and adventurous things.
We have some exciting ideas planned for the future, including rides in horse-drawn carriages and even beach buggies, which will be amazing for our residents as many of them are in wheelchairs. "
*Are you our next Registered Nurse? Here's more about the role: *
First and foremost - we work together as a team to enrich our residents' lives - let's support our colleagues too and have fun in the process
* You'll give the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans that you prepare and monitor
* You'll regularly communicate with residents, their families and staff both verbally and written
* Providing comprehensive , systematic and accurate nursing assessments of the physical, psychological and social needs of the residents will be at the heart of your day
* It's very simple - if we can be the best Registered Nurse we can be by being kind and supportive in every way to our residents, their families and our colleagues, then we're all doing a great job.
*What skills do I need?*
Team work! A happy team, makes for happy residents and a happy home
* You will be Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
* You will have experience of working in a clinical setting
* Being able to communicate well is essential along with a flexible approach
* You will also be kind and have a real genuine like for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
* You will use a good Nursing Process to formulate initial Nursing Diagnosis by collecting data from subjective and objective information given and then prioritising and managing care
* You will have experience of infection control, nutrition, moving and handling, wound care, phlebotomy and drug administration.
*Benefits and rewards*
We know you work so hard and being the best Registered Nurse you can be needs to be rewarded. We are very proud to offer the following:
*25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)*
* Life assurance
* Care inspectorate performance bonus
* Overtime enhancement
* Occupational sick pay after qualifying period
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
* Contributory pension from Sanctuary Care
* Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
* Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via 'My Rewards'
* Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care.
The reference number for this position is 125243
Closing date: 03 September 2021
* To join Sanctuary Care you will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and Influenza prior to commencing employment, unless you are medically exempt. You will be required to provide evidence of all vaccinations as part of the recruitment process.
* We might get a lot of applications so reserve the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Don't miss out, please apply early.
*Building Equality and Diversity*
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups scheme) check in respect of protected adults will be necessary in the event of a successful application, which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £ per hour
* Signing bonus
* Right to work in the UK (Required)
* NMC (Required)!