A forward looking social business, Catch22 has more than 200 years’ experience of providing public services that help people turn their lives around. We work with troubled and vulnerable people, helping them to steer clear of crime or substance misuse, do the best they can in education or employment and play a full part in their family or community. Our vision is a strong society where everyone has a good place to live, a purpose and good people around them, no matter what their background.
Our Catch22 College (https://www.catch-22.org.uk/college/) is the collective name for 10 sites we have across the country delivering academic and vocational training programmes for young people aged 16+ who, for whatever reason, are not suited to a mainstream college setting. Our College Site, like our all our other College sites, provides students with a highly supportive environment where they have access to opportunities to build up their confidence and self belief, and to gain new skills and experiences that will help them to achieve their goals in life. We exist to help our students find their future.
As a Teaching Assistant your responsibilities and accountabilities, will be:
- Working with individuals and groups of students, ensuring students are kept on task and complete activities set by the teacher.
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher.
- Delivering SEN interventions.
- Helping implement lesson plans, aims and contents with the teacher.
- Providing feedback to students without reference to the teacher.
- Taking a small group of students for defined activities.
- Being responsible for a whole class during the absence of a teacher.
- Working with challenging students away from the classroom as a respite strategy.
- Supervise students at breaks and lunchtimes.
- In conjunction with the teacher, liaising with parents on student progress.
- Ensuring learner files and records are kept up to date.
**For a more detailed job description, please click
At least a Level 2 Qualification in English and Maths.
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of health and safety, SEN & safeguarding of children.
- Ability to work independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual students.
- Ability to work with challenging students, understand their needs and demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies as and when required.
- Experience working at an advanced level with the teacher in planning and delivery of teaching activities (including those defined in Individual Education Plans).
- Experience of teaching children with Education Health Care Plans and Special Education Need, and language difficulties or other complex needs.
- Commitment to actively supporting the multi-cultural ethos of the College.
- Determination to raise the levels of achievement of children.
- Ability to cope with emotionally demanding situations.
- Effective time management.
- A relevant professional TA qualification (NVQ level 2)
- HTLA qualification
- A level English and Maths
Level 2 Teaching Qualification (PTTLS or equivalent).
- Experience of being a Teaching Assistant in an alternative provision environment.
- Have an understanding of curriculum, particularly literacy and numeracy requirements.
- Ability to contribute to a specific curriculum area or areas.
- Evidence of successful work with disaffected and emotionally vulnerable students.
For a full person specification of this role, please click
Contract: Full Time, Term time only
Posted 12 days ago