Principle Mechanical Engineer
Up to £0.00 per annum
Principal Mechanical Engineer, Contract, Newbury
Responsibilities / Experience required:
Working experience in Design & Engineering Bid preparation including approvals.
Provision of technical guidance (within the relevant design discipline) for all design work in accordance with project design procedures
Leadership and Management of the engineering resources to deliver technical and engineering solutions that robustly support the development of the plant Safety and Environmental Case to meet UK legal and nuclear Site licence requirements.
Able to take responsibility for delivery of mechanical work package to programme, budget and required quality.
Effective utilisation of mechanical design resources required to support the Project Mangers in meeting their Project programme work packages and provide reporting information to the Project Manager.
Engineering design governance to ensure that the engineering designs generated through internal and subcontract agencies will transition through the appropriate project gate efficiently
Ensure appropriate engineering standards are used and that engineering solutions are fit for purpose and achievable.
Implementation of appropriate functional engineering reviews and Designers Risk Assessments including engagement of Design Capability Experts to advise and guide the development of engineering solutions.
Management of teams of Mechanical Senior Engineers / Engineers / Designers and checking and approval of mechanical deliverables.
Have the knowledge, skill and experience to develop ideas into conceptual engineering designs from 1st principles.
Responsible for checking and approval of design calculations.
Is up to date with the latest technology and has the ability to specify proprietary equipment for use in bespoke design systems.
Has knowledge of common engineering materials.
Has working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by Legislation (and applicable Directives).
Has chaired Design Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally will have presented at HAZOP studies.
To ensure that competent and SQEP resources are being deployed to deliver design work packages and to ensure SQEP assessments are undertaken in a timely manner.
Verification (through selfassessment) of the effective implementation of the IMS in engineering design to ensure quality, environment, Health and Safety performance in products
Has working experience in CE marking process and specifically contents of Technical File.
Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
Brief Person Specification
- Degree qualified and preferably chartered status or equivalent.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some hands on experience.
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Working knowledge of nuclear decommissioning projects.
- Has a knowledge of ventilation systems.
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Must have design experience and experience of producing mechanical design deliverables (including associated documentation) for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc., ideally within a nuclear environment.
- Also have experience on the requirements for decommissioning plant, ideally on a nuclear site. Able to travel and work at customers sites and locations.
Posted 34 days ago