Psychology Graduate - KA11 4HN | Zoek UK
Psychology Graduate - Educational support roles
KA11 4HN, Dreghorn
£70 - £80 per day
Permanent (Full time)
Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
Prospero Teaching are looking for strong and ambitious Psychology graduates to work as Teaching Assistants in SEN schools and Complex Needs colleges in South Manchester. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic graduates with an interest in a career in Special Education Needs.
The role is more specifically working with groups of children with varying learning ability and may have special educational needs. The schools are committed to pupil and teacher development, with track records of supporting graduates through teacher training applications. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in Education Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Location - Cheadle, Stockport
- Position - Learning Support Assistant
- Type of work - 1:1 work with children and young adults with complex needs and PMLD
- Contract or position start date - September
- Duration / Likely Duration - Temp - Perm
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Rate of pay - Minimum rate £70
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm : Mon - Fri (term time only)
- Working with and providing support to children with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- Experience of supporting pupils
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- Psychology (BA Hons) degree
- DBS (clean and relevant) - Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
- Previous experience working in primary schools.
- Good knowledge of different forms of SEN.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Long term fixed supply post with a view to a permanent school based contract
- Ideal for graduates looking to gain experience within a primary school
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click "apply" or send a copy of your up to date CV to clairef @ (mailto:######)
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posted 25 days ago