VAT Manager - Chelmsford
£45,000 - £55,000 Including Excellent Benefits & Progression Opportunities
We are currently working with a Top 10 firm in that are keen to speak with experienced VAT professionals regarding career opportunities within their Chelmsford Tax team. The role is at manager level and will offer the right candidate the opportunity to progress to Senior management & Director level.
Within this role you will be tasked with providing support for all business related advice where VAT may have, or has had an impact. You will also be expected to develop relationships with clients and take an active role in business development.Role Overview:
- Provide VAT consultancy services to clients in relation to indirect taxes, ensuring maximum saving for clients.
- Conduct VAT health checks in order to help clients plan for VAT transactions and maximising tax savings whilst minimising exposure to penalties.
- Provide technical support for contact and business development partners.
- Proactively take our VAT proposition to market via business development: developing relationships with clients and targets and turn those into fee paying projects
- Respond to client requests in accordance with the firm’s internal client charter and provide a consistently helpful and proactive service to clients.
- Provide internal training to staff, managers and partners in order to increase VAT awareness throughout the firm and assist with identifying potential VAT issues.
- Brief junior staff on the client’s business providing pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work.
- Ensure that jobs are completed within budget, and to discuss all material points arising with the assignment partner in the first instance.
- Ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- Take an active involvement in all seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- Deliver and attend staff meetings and training as required.
- A relevant tax or accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA) would be desirable.
- Previous experience operating in a similar role is essential
- Previous positions will have either been pure VAT or could be Corporate Tax with VAT exposure.
- Applicants must have previously worked in an advisory capacity.
- Business development experience (to include targeting) and interest in this aspect.
- Proven experience in client handling and taking ownership in delivering projects to completion.
- Prior experience with HM Revenue and Customs would be desirable.
Posted 46 days ago