Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
£13.92-£17.87 per hour
To consistently deliver the Steering Wheel objectives and targets by leading, inspiring and developing a fully engaged store team and by being clearly focused on an exceptional customer experience through engagement with members, customers and the local community.
To achieve the financial targets of the store as a result of exceeding customer expectations through the delivery of exceptional operational standards and by offering excellent service.
The post holder shall:
- Gain customer commitment and loyalty through encouraging and promoting membership.
- Understands what great customer service looks like and strives to deliver this on a consistent basis.
- Be recognised for and committed to supporting the local community through active encouragement of Colleague involvement.
- Engage, support, coach and develop the store team.
- Ensure all required training activity is undertaken, monitored and evaluated to the highest standard; thereby ensuring all Colleagues perform effectively.
- Monitor and review the performance of Colleagues, setting challenging goals and regularly reviewing progress.
- Achieve a flexible working schedule that both meets the needs of the business and facilitates interaction and engagement with every colleague.
- Ensure that all personnel policies are strictly adhered to and the administration correctly complied with.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Conduct two daily store briefings to update and engage colleagues and prioritise key tasks required to maintain operational standards and service.
- Lead the Store Team to recognise the importance of high standards and to consistently deliver operational excellence.
- Understand customer needs and expectations through planned and regular customer interaction and engagement.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service as reflected in Customer Loyalty Index results and brand mystery shopper performance.
- Deliver full compliance to legal and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that inventory accuracy and compliance to stock and ranging routines delivers maximum availability with optimum stock levels.
- Demonstrates environmental awareness through energy saving and waste recycling.
- Lead a Team that is fully focused on maximising every opportunity to drive sales.
- Demonstrate financial awareness to maximise sales, whilst exercising appropriate control of costs to deliver store budgets and targets and achieve the maximum profit contribution.
- The Store Manager will be expected and required to manage, coach and develop the store team through objectives aimed at actively contributing to achieving positive results against the measures and targets set within the Society’s Steering Wheel.
- The Store Manager will be expected to fully complete and successfully graduate the Midcounties Management Development Programme.
- Gains commitment through encouraging membership.
- Committed to supporting the local community.
- Can communicate confidently about the co-operative values and the Midcounties Co-operative.
- Actively gets involved with community projects.
- Awareness of the importance of encouraging diversity.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate – both verbally and in writing.
- Can confidently lead a team.
- Engages with the immediate team on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates people management skills.
- Strong and effective coaching skills.
- Develops the team and self to improve performance.
- Excellent understanding of the importance of high standards of store appearance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Can create a customer focused team that understands what great customer service is and how it should be delivered.
- Can consistently deliver customer service standards that exceed customer expectations.
- Engages with customers and gains feedback on a daily basis.
- Effective influencing skills.
- Can deliver consistent store standards.
- Has a positive approach to manage change effectively.
- Plan and organises effectively.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Makes decisions to address performance and takes action.
- Actively participates in and encourages the sharing of ideas, supporting innovation in their store.
- Demonstrates effective management of budget costs.
- Experience of managing store costs.
- Maximises sales opportunities.
- Makes recommendations for improving own performance.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Competency in basic IT applications.
- Previous managerial experience
Posted 16 days ago