Drives Engineer - B60 1LD | Zoek UK
£40000 to £50000 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Drives Engineer – Inverter Drives - West Midlands – Permanent - £40-50k – BUPA + Bonus Scheme
+++Headlines – SME, well-established, talented, well regarded management team, opportunity for career development and progression+++
Samuel Frank Associates is looking for a Drives Engineer with a strong background in large scale inverter drives systems (100-400kW) and high power electronics.
The Drives Engineer will need experience of delivering large control system projects involving automation, drives & PLC systems. This opportunity could suit an Engineer looking to spend less time travelling/on customer sites and more time leading, coordinating and delivering projects from base.
The successful applicant is likely to have experience of designing control and variable speed drive systems in industries such as metal production, printing and/or paper, manufacturing etc. Other industry experience will also be considered. Knowledge of energy storage systems/battery emulators and regenerative technology will be highly beneficial for this opportunity.
The role of the Drives Engineer will include –
- Produce electrical schematics, panel layout, and parts list – ideally using EPLAN. The client will provide EPLAN training if necessary buy you’ll need experience of a comparable CAD design package
- Inverter drive & motor design applications
- Liaise with customer/internal sales to confirm specification of the system
- Knowledge of high power converters, generators, transformers and motors
- Write software for Drives/PLC/HMI/SCADA. A reasonable working knowledge of Siemens TIA portal or similar is desired – not necessarily looking for a “full blown” Software programmer!
- Oversee and/or carry out system testing
- Commissioning, the team has an existing Commissioning Engineer – but in the event that support is required then some on site commissioning will form part of the role.
There is a genuine career path and development plan for employees looking to further themselves in an environment where they can make a real difference in terms of projects and delivery.
The client is based in the West Midlands and is easily commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Halesowen, Dudley, West Bromwich and Worcester.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Posted 36 days ago