South West England
£140 - £160 per day
Highways Electricians x6
To carry out all aspects of electrical works including cable installation and termination, electrical minor works i.e. lantern replacements, fault finding and repairs, general inspection, testing of both new and existing installations and the relevant certification
Principal Duties / Tasks:
- Liaise with electrical supervisor/site supervisor/manager to outline works set out to be done
- Ensure all works carried out are to a high standard both in quality and electrical safety
- Carry out all types of electrical/noneelectrical works as requested
- Give accurate timely results from testing and inspections
- Organise and prioritise your work out on site to ensure deadlines are met
- Keep company vehicle tidy and fully stocked to allow electrical tasks can be carried out
- Complete all necessary documentation such as DDR and Fast Field log system.
- Be flexible regards working hours /working away from home
- Ensure all RAMS are read, understood and followed
- Adhere to all Carnell and clients safety rules and policies
Essential to be considered for the role
- Time served electrician with recognised City and Guilds (or equivalent) electrical qualifications.
- Up to date CSCS card /to have or working towards HERS accreditation
- Full clean driving licence
- An understanding of relevant health & safety legislation
- BS7671 current wiring regulations
- Able to read and understand site drawings and test certificates
- Professional attitude and ability to operate with minimum supervision
- Capable of relaying accurate information back to supervisors and managers
Preferable Experience and qualifications.
- BS7671 2391(or equivalent) testing and inspection qualification
- MEWP IPAF qualification
- Experience in Highways communication installations
The Role will be covering various areas across the UK, South West, West Midlands, Manchester and up to the Lake District.
Posted 26 days ago