Stores Section Leader - Manchester | Zoek UK | 59d823
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Stores Section Leader
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
£28k - 32k per year
Permanent (Full time)
Stores Section Leader
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Stores Section Leader to join a friendly team based in Rochdale. The successful candidate will earn £28,000-£32,000 per annum. The successful Stores Section Leader will have demonstrable experience in a similar engineering environment.
The candidate will be responsible for a team of experienced stores personnel, you will be running a busy department and must be completely committed to your role.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- IT literate
- Excellent telephone manner - good vocabulary and literacy skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Willing to go the extra mile for company and colleagues
- A dynamic team player - able to act on own initiative, solving problems quickly and calmly
- Organisation, control and distribution of resources driven by schedules, current order intake and controlled via ERP system.
- Ensuring stock accuracies are maintained.
- Full control of stock entering and leaving the building.
- Administration of faulty and returned goods.
- Maintaining consumable stock areas.
- Ensure quality and productivity measures are implemented and continually improved.
- Map existing processes and improve efficiency/productivity within area.
- Support new initiatives.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure rapid throughput of manufactured and assembled goods within the agreed time period and at a minimum cost.
- Responsibility for health and safety within the area. Monitor the health and safety of all operatives within the department ensuring safe methods of work are adopted at all times.
- To ensure all operatives feel involved with the ownership of the working area encouraging and developing feedback within the team.
Established in 1964, our client is family owned and managed. The company designs, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide range of combustion equipment, digital control solutions and turnkey prefabricated, packaged boiler houses. Their products and services are exported worldwide and the company has won several of the Queen's Awards for Export and Innovation.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV and Cover Letter by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Stores Section Leader, IT literate, ERP System, Stock Control, Stock Accuracies, Health and Safety
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...