Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
£21k per year + bonus + opportunity
This Underwriter role is for an independent finance provider in the Motor Finance sector. You will be responsible for assessing the customers' propensity to pay with reference to a set of pre-defined guidelines.
The Underwriter will take into account information provided by the customer along with information provided by a credit referencing agency to come to the above conclusion and to overall assess the customers' ability to make the payments based on information provided
- Underwrite new business applications within mandate levels, ensuring compliance with the Credit Risk Policy, ensuring all new business opportunities are maximised by negotiation, deal making and making full use of all systems and processes available.
- Ensure the credit profile fits in with the policies and guidelines
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the company's products and services proactively promoting them at all times.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to company products and services as advised by line management
- Ensuring decisions are made with a commercial mind set whilst still adhering to policies
- To ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by Management.
Key Skills and Experience:
- previous experience of underwriting within the finance industry.
- Knowledge of, and ability to work within regulations such as: Data Protection Act, Money Laundering Regulations and Credit Risk Policy.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Good level of computer literacy
- Attention to detail, curious, confident and ambitious.
The business is growing quickly, and you will receive the full support of your management and team in order to make quick progress. You will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary along with great benefits.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
Posted 28 days ago