Occupational Therapist - Mental Health inpatient service | Zoek
Occupational Therapist - Mental Health inpatient service
£34000 to £40000 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Occupational Therapist - Mental Health
Kegworth (between Leicester and Derby)
£34,000 - 40,000 depending on experience
We are looking for a Mental health Occupational Therapist for an inpatient unit for persons presenting with mental health issues. In this role you will work as part of an established OT team across 3 units, comprising of a Band 5 OT and 2 OT Assistants. The units offer care for individuals with a range of illnesses including Acute and Enduring Mental Health, Brain Injury, Dementia and Huntingtons. Work involves facilitating groups and functional assessments in preparation for discharge. You will work as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team within the in patient services, managing a specialist / defined caseload, providing a range of specialist bio-psychosocial interventions and supporting carers and families.
As a Mental Health Occupational Therapist you will benefit from:Occupational Therapy issues and raise the profile of Occupational Therapy approaches to care within the Team.
• The post holder will develop and facilitate therapeutic group activities, according to the needs of the clients.
• To use evidence based / client centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
• To ensure the clients pathway through the service is joined up and seamless, liaising with other teams and outside agencies where necessary to support recovery and enable appropriate social inclusion for their client (s) following discharge.
• To work in collaboration with the Head OT in the development of clinical and professional practice and support the implementation of research, evidence based practice, quality standards and audit as required. Requirements of this Occupational Therapist role include:
• HCPC registration
• The legal right to work in the UK
Posted 42 days ago