£45 - £47 per hour
My client is looking for an experienced Comms Engineers, to join the team in Cheltenham. This role is to create a reliable communication protocol, that sits on top of our Ethernet-like network layer and that can guarantee delivery of event-driven data within a bounded time-frame.
The application is for an interactive flight deck where the data is being communicated between cockpit applications and the display server.
Whilst they will be part of the project team this is a self-contained piece of work, so the candidate will need to be confident going from concept development to implementation.
- Experience developing and implementing network communication protocols
- Familiarity with network transport protocols (TCP, UDP)
- C programming
- Experience doing network modelling
- Experience in safety-critical networking or aviation networking
- Evidence of capability in an R&D environment (ideally network protocol development)
- Network security knowledge
- Familiarity with ARINC664 (AFDX)
- Familiarity with ARINC661
Posted 14 days ago