Warehouse Operative Part time 22.5 hours
Up to £9.94 per hour + shift premiums and benefits
Permanent (Part time)
Warehouse Operative Part time (22.5 hours per week)
£9.94 hourly rate plus shift premiums and benefits
(£1.49 per hour back shift (610pm), £2.49 per hour night shift and £1.49 per hour weekend shift)
Various shifts available: days (6am 2pm), backs (210pm) and nights (10pm 6am)
Potential working patterns: Thursday Saturday, Sunday Tuesday, Friday Sunday & Saturday Monday
Were looking for warehouse operatives to join the team in our Avonmouth depot. Standing at 435,000 square foot and serving over 490 stores, across Wales and the South West, Avonmouth plays a big role in keeping our customers happy.
At the Coop we believe in putting our customers, colleagues and communities at the heart of everything we do and we inspire our teams to share their ideas to help us improve the way we work. If you can bring us the first class team working skills we need, along with the love of working towards key performance measures, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What youll do:
* work in either an ambient or chilled warehouse
* assemble and pick stock safely and securely for individual store orders
* load and unload delivery vehicles with cages and pallets stock as required
* distribute stock and produce to the correct location in the warehouse
* keep the work place clean and tidy cleaning spillages and collecting refuse
* work as a team to deliver critical performance measures
* follow strict health and safety procedures
* understand the impact on business performance if deliveries or stock are missed
This role would suit people who have:
* a background to comfortably perform manual tasks
* got amazing communication skills
* the ability to work with limited supervision
* experience working as part of a large team
* a background in working towards team and individual performance measures
* experience in a similar role and environment, but this isnt essential
* a willingness to learn and progress your career
* an understanding that your actions may have an impact on business performance
As a Coop colleague youll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. Youll also get a package that includes:
* competitive rates of pay
* 31 days holiday pro rata (rising in line with service) including bank holidays
* discounts on Coop products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* additional £1.49 / hour weekend shift allowance
* additional £1.49 / hour back shift allowance between 6pm 10pm
Building an inclusive workplace
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 101 days ago