Director of Information Security
Atlanta, GA, USA
- Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
- Your Focus
You will be responsible for the identification of risks related to the assigned area and assist in protecting Equifax’s consumer data through dedicated review of internal and external drivers and influencers for the USIS Business Unit. You will interact with external partners throughout the business unit.
The main purpose of this position is to balance business risks with the appropriate strategic security solution to protect Equifax from threats that lead to untenable risk.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Information Security Officer of USIS Customer Compliance and be strategically involved in key security decision-making for the Business Unit
- Understand how to manage a security event and crisis
- Serve as the key point of contact for security incidents for Business Unit
- Respond to customer calls related to security incidents and other security related compliance requests
- Actively manage annual security compliance requests for customers and partners
- Assist with proactive customer communications on material security events/threats and remediation efforts (e.g. virus outbreak)
- Perform quality reviews of customer/Partner questionnaires, RFP, and other customer security compliance related deliverables
- Assist with maintaining and updating artifacts for customer audits
- Lead security process enhancement efforts to ensure alignment with business and IT requirements
- Conduct acceptable use audits and security policy and good practice trainings
- Assist with development of security collateral for key products and services
- Collect and analyze internal/external customer feedback on experience of Security for opportunity for enhancement
Provide advice and counsel to the business executives regarding key initiatives that could be impacted by compliance, risk or security issues
Skills and Requirements that Make You an Awesome Match:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 6-8 years of security experience
- Understand Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), SSAE-16 attestations, ISO 27001 Standards, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), NIST Standards, standard security practices, current and emerging privacy and security regulations.
- Superb communication skills including strong verbal presentation skills. Able to present and communicate at all levels of the organization including senior management
- Solid ability to translate complex technical security concepts into business-friendly communications
- Good ability to build and maintain trusting relationships with internal and external customers
- Viewed as an expert in information security with strong analytical skills who is able to interpret complex information and adapt as needed
- Experience working in matrix environment with globally diverse team members
- Regularly makes decisions that is guided by policies, procedures and/or guidelines from which there is some discretion to depart
- Ability to work under stress
CISSP, CISM or related certification is a strong plus
- Leadership in intellectual engagement, work ethic; quality of work product
- Good judgment, integrity and follow through on commitments
- Great teammate who actively collaborates and commits to success of others.
- Pitches in where necessary to support team success
- Exhibits self-motivation to perform to the highest standard of excellence
- Results Focused. Focuses on the critical objectives that add the most value and consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations
Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and standard methodologies in and outside the company and embraces change introduced by others
- The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer an excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
**Primary - Security Governance and Compliance
Schedule: Full time
Posted 6 days ago