Trainee Furniture Assembly Operative
Tiptree, Essex, England
£8.21 - 8.21 per hour
Trainee Furniture Assembly Operative £8.21 per hour Benefits: Pension Scheme and Cycle to Work scheme Tiptree, Essex
Alexander Cleghorn is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958. We offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Furniture components are manufactured on our state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on our sixteen-acre site.
We are currently looking to recruit a Furniture Assembly Operative to join our Assembly team in Tiptree, Essex.
The Role As our Furniture Assembly Operative you will be expected to:
- Report to Assembly Supervisor and obtain instructions, drawings and schedule of work.
- Work and adhere to this schedule and drawings.
- Ensure that all relevant drawings, products and fixings are available to complete all the required works.
- Ensure prior to the assembly that all parts of the product meet specifications of the orders and quality standards required at this stage of the process.
- Commence manufacturing process and ensure that completed work meets expectations of the customer and Company quality standards.
- Upon completion of units, clean the unit thoroughly ready for final inspection and quality checks.
- Complete all quality checks in full and correctly, ensuring that all required documentation and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Report any defects to the management team immediately upon discovery.
- Ensure that work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Work within health and safety at work act of 1974 at all times and in all working areas.
- Ad-hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above, but will be required.
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
- Perform any reasonable management instruction within timeframe requested.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 07:30 am to 17:00 pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
The Candidate To be considered for our Furniture Assembly Operative role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Must be pro-active and able to multi-task within a busy working environment
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and enthusiasm are essential, as is the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
If you feel you have the skills for our Furniture Assembly Operative role, please apply now!
Keywords: Assembler, Furniture
Posted 46 days ago