Anaesthetic and Recovery Practitioner
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Anaesthetic & Recovery Practitioner | Band 5/6 | Permanent | Excellent development opportunities
Spire Manchester is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Anaesthetic & Recovery Practitioner to join our high performing Theatre Team. This is your opportunity to join one of the UK’s best private hospitals and take your career to the next level.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful Operating Department Practitioner or Nurse will prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum. You will run a theatre list without supervision and supervise / mentor junior staff (subject to experience) and perform anaesthetic duties. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills as the unit performs various surgical procedures ranging from General Surgery, Orthopaedic, ENT, Plastics and Ophthalmic.
Who we're looking for:
- You will be a HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner or an NMC registered Nurse with an Anaesthetic module.
- Ideally you will have ALS or ILS however training & courses can be offered.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are key to continue our high standards of patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite Gym
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Claire Murphy on @
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications