Local Taxation Officer
£12.53 - £13.50 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Taxation Officer to join our clients offices based in Docklands on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
To be successful for this Local Taxation Officer post you will need to have:
- To develop and maintain an extensive technical and working knowledge of Council Tax, Business Rates and the Business Improvement District Levy administration and enforcement.
- To carry out administrative and enforcement functions in respect of the billing, collection and recovery of Local Taxation in line with legislation, guidance , corporate policies, procedures and standards; ensuring all records are accurately maintained and collection maximised.
- To monitor by working through reports to ensure recovery processes are up to date and effective.
- Effective use of excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
- Dealing with complex telephone calls from customers that are referred by the Customer Services Team.
- To ensure that all applications for exemptions, discounts, disregards and reliefs are verified and correctly processed, ensuring at all times customers are notified of the outcome.
As the Local Taxation Officer**,**your main duties will include:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English or equivalent at Grade C / 4 or above
- Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to produce correspondence and spreadsheets
- Experience dealing with customers across a range of channels
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Team player with flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
37 hours per week
Posted 42 days ago