Forres, Moray, Scotland
Gael Force Group is a trusted manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technology and services to aquaculture, commercial fishing and leisure marine markets and has ambitious growth plans to reach £50M turnover by 2021. Last year, the company they were winners of Outstanding Performing Business Award for the second year running at the Highland Business Awards.
Due to these continued growth plans, Gael Force Marine Technology, part of the Gael Force Group, who specialise in delivering technology and control systems for aquaculture, and specifically for marine sites, is currently seeking to recruit an Production Technician at our Forres site.
This is a great opportunity for a successful candidate to join our production team who manufacture, repair and test Gael Force Marine Technology products and equipment. These include subsea products designed specifically for the harsh environment aquaculture industry, for example cameras, electrical panels, lights and acoustic deterrent systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out repairs of returned equipment in accordance with Gael Force Marine Technology repairs procedure.
- Carry out the manufacture of GFMT aquaculture products in accordance to build procedures.
- Carry out on going service work.
- Carry out pre-installation and preparatory work in the aquaculture workshop.
- To carry out field work as required.
- Test manufactured products.
- Assist in the diagnosis of faults on customer sites if required.
- Assist in the training of production staff.
- Assist in the stores when required.
- Adhere to company and customer Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain clear, concise & accurate records of product manufacturing.
- Record and produce accurate timesheets and job sheets.
Job Requirements - Key Competencies, Skills, Experience and/or Training:
- HNC or extensive experience in relevant Engineering subject (electrical, electronic).
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to move between departments as work requires.
- Experience of development of electronic products.
- Ability to organise and priorities work.
- Good communications skills.
- Good soldering skills.
- Good fault-finding skills.
- To be able to work in an organised and logical manner.
- To be able to multitask and work under pressure.
- Good team player.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Forklift Certificate.
In return for working a 40 hour week, we are offering a salary of £22,000 to £25,000 dependant on the experience and knowledge of the candidate, plus the option of overtime, staff discount and a contributory pension scheme.
You can apply direct online to Gael Force Group via this link or please send us your current CV with a covering letter to ######### detailing your reasons for applying and why you would be suitable for this position.
The closing date for applications is the 20th October 2019. engineering, hand assembly, electrical control panels
Posted 18 days ago