Residential Child Care Worker (Casual)
Taunton, Somerset, England
£8.45 per hour - £9.96 per hour (DOE)
Working on a as and when required basis, we are looking for Casual Residential Child Care Workers to come and join our family friendly team in Taunton to help care for children who have had exceptionally difficult starts in life.
Our homes are much like your own and offer a safe, nurturing and therapeutic environment for the young people in our care. The culture in our homes is one of positivity, energy, optimism and motivation. You will not only be responsible for the basic care and protection of our children but also serve as a positive role model, inspiring the children in all aspects of their life. You will build an appropriate relationship and show resilient with focus to motive the need for education and enjoy community-based activties.
- Must have a Full UK driving licence
- Must have a passion to work with children
- QCF Level 3 Children & Young people or Health & Social Care is desirable, if you do not have this qualification, we will put you through it
- Flexibility and understanding is a must, as we are open all yearround
- Youwill be committed to the provision of high standards of care at all times
- Havea willingness to work with a wide range of presenting needs of the children
- Maintaineffective care practice to ensure the children are cared for in a safe,nurturing environment with a therapeutic underpinning
- Bea good role model, able to demonstrate effective practice and appropriaterelationships
- Beconfident in supporting colleagues in responding to the varied, unique and collectiveneeds of the children
- Youwill be required to follow clear direction and guidance, work part of a team tofunction at the highest possible level
- You will support the home in attaining its legislative requirements (Childrens Homes Regulations 2015, Ofsted, etc)
- Thepost requires the ability to be resilient, to be solution focused, to motivate,to be understanding and insightful of the children and to be part of theirsuccessful outcomes
- Youwill support the children in educational settings and in community-basedactivities
- Thepost requires flexibility and creative approaches to working, therefore requiresthe post holder to be able to commit to undertaking a flexible work pattern toattend to the needs of the home, team and children
Who are we?
Founded in 1989, Five Rivers Child Care is a social enterprise committed to turning childrens lives around. We provide a range of services to looked-after children including fostering, residential care, education and assessment and therapy.
Weknow how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and wantto recognise and reward you for the work you to. Some of your rewards andbenefits include:
- Agenerous annual leave allowance
- On-goingtraining and learning through our L&D Team
- CompanyPension scheme
- SimplyHealth Cashback Scheme
- Employeediscount scheme
- Employeeassistance programme
- Longservice and recognition scheme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare ofChildren and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriatechild protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equalopportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualifiedpersons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexualorientation or age.
**Five Rivers is anInvestor in People and Equal Opportunities
Posted 24 days ago