Biomedical Engineer - Harlow | Zoek UK
Harlow, Essex, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a highly successful biomedical technology specialists and they support and manage over 100,000 items of biomed equipment across the UK. They are now seeking an experienced Biomedical Engineer based on site at in Harlow. Ideally you will already have some experience of supporting medical equipment in a hospital environment of at least 1-2 years.
- Assisting with medical equipment maintenance and repair, providing a broad range of support services to clinical staff within the organisation.
- Ensuring service levels are met in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Carry out routine maintenance / calibration of medical equipment in line with service specifications and ensure that equipment is fit for purpose.
- Perform servicing of medical equipment where training has been provided.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is documented in the appropriate manner, recorded and updated using the equipment database and that comprehensive equipment history is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with the company Quality Management System and show continual improvements.
- Work closely with technical and clinical staff to provide high standards of service delivery, making continual improvements in the management of medical equipment across the organisation.
- Maintain proper control over the ordering and use of spare parts.
- To work in accordance with the company policies and with the organisations policies on Health & Safety.
- Provide an interface between users and the EBME department / Service Centre as appropriate.
- Work in partnership with your line manager and colleagues to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensure all relevant MHRA alerts are acted upon appropriately.
- Advise clinical staff on the safe use of medical devices that you are familiar with.
- Perform other duties as required which are appropriate to the post, including administration and monitoring.
- 1-2 years engineering experience in a hospital is essential
- Holds or working towards an Electronic Engineering qualification
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines for planned and remedial maintenance
- Familiar with a broad range of medical devices
- Must have UK based Experience & right to work in the UK
Posted 31 days ago