IT Service / Application Support Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£21000 - £28000 per annum
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 15 years experience delivering secure financial service technologies.
They have an exciting opportunity for IT Service/Application support engineer to join their IT department based in West Midlands.
Whatever your current level of experience, the technical breadth of their programmes offers the ability to extend and deepen your skill set, where training is delivered through a combination of mentoring, online and classroom based courses via their technical partners.
- Incident response to ensure the availability of operational services
- Identification and resolution of performance anomalies and system defects.
- Logging and responding to IT tickets
- Supporting Windows environment patching applications through scripting
- Configuration, deployment and support of end user hardware
- Network patching and hardware moves
- Maintaining site inventory equipment and asset registry
- Maintenance and creation of technical documentation as required
- Interact with internal technology teams and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve problems
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and Stakeholder Management Skills
- Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects
- Networking familiaritye.g. Can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP etc
- A passion for learning new technologies and innovation
- Proven track record of working as a Linux and/or Windows System Administrator
- Print server/Printer hardware knowledge
- Experience on MS 2003/ 2008, ES 2010 and Office 365
- Desirable Skills: IGEL, Citrix, VMware, VOIP, PBX/IP Telephony Systems, Cyber Security, ITIL awareness and Software Engineering
Hours of work Monday to Friday (35 hours)
Salary £21,000 £28,000 per annum
Pension Company Pension Scheme
Holidays 33 days per annum (including statutory holidays).
Company Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Application: Please submit your most recent CV.
Posted 32 days ago