Senior Account Executive
Who are we?
We’re passionate, professional, and purpose-driven. We're dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients, and each other. Being a part of this international powerhouse agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished hotels, resorts, restaurants, real estate projects, and destinations across the globe, elevating your career (and your frequent flier status). At J Public Relations, we’re incredibly intentional about our company culture and are proud to have been recognized most recently by PR News Best Places to Work, New York Observer PR Power 50, PR Couture Spotlight Agency of the Year, and Crain’s Best Places to Work (to name a few). We believe in a work-life blend, where you'll be empowered to continue learning and growing through mentorship, trainings and retreats, along with a connected company culture.
Who are you?
Creative, collaborative, connected. You strive to be your best, and help others be their best. You’re driven, savvy, and solution-oriented. Motivated and passionate, our teams continue to find ways to ideate and innovate, bringing client service to a whole new level. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Senior Account Executive is seasoned in media relations, the client go-to, and is starting to work on account strategy when not flawlessly executing a FAM or Media Mission. S/he plays a crucial role in not just delivering big hits, features, and profile stories for clients, but also begins taking a bigger role in helping Account Leads manage the team and leading in-person client-facing interactions. At this stage, the ideal person has solid media relationships in place (in both regional and national markets), meets with media regularly, and is constantly concepting pitch angles based on sound research to get media engaged and excited. In this role, the ideal candidate will take proactive ownership, overseeing the strategy for media relations focused tasks, looking at accounts holistically to understand what is needed, and then jumping in for team members at all levels to help / alleviate where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Day to day client go-to
- Lead portions of client calls
- May lead smaller accounts with senior leadership oversight
- Assist with strategy, planning, implementation and evaluation of PR activities
- Creative brainstorming, program and pitch development
- Build relationships with destinations, CVBs and offices of tourism in the markets that serve your clients
- Have a wide range of go-to media contacts making you (and your clients) look like a star as you secure top tier national press and features
- Proactive media relations (pitching, organizing media/influencer visits, reviewing & approving media lists) is very much the focus of your day to day
- Regularly dig into newspapers, magazines, network and cable news shows, blogs, digital pieces to find new angles, new editors and new contributors to create new relationships
- Organize pitch priorities; assign and oversee progress of pitches to team members with support of account leadership
- Regularly coordinate in-person media meetings with journalists on location
- Secure and host media and influencers on press trips, media appointments and events
- Oversee the workflow of junior team members
- Begin to plan 90 Day and Annual plans to impact client goals and KPI’s
- Regularly lead the junior team through projects to make check marks against goals and KPI’s
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 3-5 years of public relations experience in travel, hospitality, tourism, culinary restaurant and/or consumer lifestyle arenas, either having worked in an agency or in-house position
- Must have stellar hotel, restaurant and media references
- Must have strong and proven relationships with local, regional and national media contacts
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong understanding of Influencer relations and engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.jpublicrelations.com/connect to join the J Public Relations team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
J Public Relations strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
J Public Relations recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. J Public Relations may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Posted 5 days ago