Health Care Assistant
London, Greater London, England
£8.50 - £10.00 per hour Negotiable DoE
Health Care Assistant
Location: North London - N16 0QQ
Salary: £8.50 - £10.00 per hour Negotiable DoE
Job Type: Full time - 38 - 40 hours per week
About the Company:
The nursing home is a beautiful Orthodox Jewish care home situated in North London, providing an excellent interior and atmosphere for a comfortable retirement, with skilled and friendly carers on hand throughout the day and night.
With comfortable dining and living areas, the company supports active daily living, also with good wheelchair access and an enclosed garden. Carers are experienced in a depth of care issues, including in the provision of services for individuals diagnosed with dementia.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Care Assistant which is a highly motivated individual with good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, who thrives on working independently and part of a cohesive team. Join them and enjoy great opportunities for professional growth in a challenging environment with flexible working hours which meets your needs.
Health Care Assistant Responsibilities:
- You will be a member of the care team appointed to support the physical, emotional and social needs of residents.
- You must maximise resident's independence, dignity and choice and must give adequate support, and if necessary, total care to residents.
- High standards of personal care and socially acceptable behaviour must constantly be maintained.
- To be involved in the social activities with residents e.g. outings, exercising and other simulative activities.
- To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act as laid down or as amended from time to time.
Health Care Assistant Requirements:
- Basic Literacy & Numeracy skills
- Willing to undertake QCF or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the needs of the resident and the role of the Carer/Health Care Assistant (HCA)
- Willing to develop skills and competency relevant to the role
- Health & Social Care experience or previous experience as a carer. Minimum 6 months
- Understanding of the cultural ethos of the home and willingness to extend this knowledge
- Must be Hepatitis B immune or be willing to undergo an immunisation course
Health Care Assistant Benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- Meals at subsidised costs
- Free Parking
If you believe you are suitable for the Health Care Assistant role then please apply now!
Posted 38 days ago