Security Officer - Corporate Core
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team; the Security Officer will be based in at one of our prestigious corporate customer sites.
- To demonstrate friendly concierge services to all visitors to the building, focusing on excellent customer service.
- To deliver the security regime required in a high profile building but with a friendly customer service ethos.
- To maintain and ‘own the space’, taking responsibility for the areas you work in and reporting any issues which impact on service delivery expectations. This may include light housekeeping duties.
- To consistently go the ‘extra mile’ and look for ways to help the ‘customer journey’ when tenants/visitors approach or leave the building.
- To work with other service providers during events and VIP visits
- Work seamlessly with the Front of House Reception staff working in the area to provide a ‘one team’ welcoming experience for guests and tenants.
- To be well presented, understanding that presence and impact is essential in delivering an excellent customer service.
- To ensure all complaints are dealt with swiftly and escalated appropriately.
- To understand and have detailed knowledge of the Emergency Procedures.
- To carry out all required checks, procedures and processes on a regular documented basis.
- To deal with any incidents and escalate and report any issues in a prompt and professional manner.
- Maintain regular liaison with key stakeholders relevant to your role, to build excellent working relationships.
- Be competent to operate all equipment used during the shift and in emergencies (Fire Extinguishers, First Aid, radio’s, etc.) on the site.
- The Full time security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The Full time security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Corporate Security experience.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to go above and beyond to support the client and visitors
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 9 days ago