SEN teaching assistant Birmingham September 2019
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55 - £70 per day
SEN Teaching Assistant September 2019
Academics Ltd are currently recruiting a behaviour support teaching assistant on behalf of schools, both primary and secondary, across Birmingham for SEN pupils. Some of the extra special educational needs of the pupils may include ASD, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, moderate to severe learning difficulties, or other sensory impairments.
The role includes helping to manage pupils who are showcasing challenging behaviour and providing pastoral and academic support where needed. You will be actively supporting the student with academic support where needed. You will be actively supporting the student with academic development and also supporting them to meet social and behavioural expectations.
To be an ideal candidate for this position, you will need to be able to showcase a resilient character with some experience and enthusiasm for working with children with special needs. You will be a positive role model and have the opportunity to make a real difference to a childs life.
- Teaching Assistant with a behavioural focus
- Supporting in and out of the classroom providing extra support.
- Working with smaller groups of children aged 216 and onetoone
- On occasion, providing personal care for the students.
- September start 2019
- Experience working in a school setting or similar
- Being empathetic, calm, patient and confident.
- Available to work from September 2019
- Level 3 diploma
- Level 3 / degree education
- Experience working with children with SEN is beneficial
- Strong knowledge of behaviour management is key
- Team teach training / Makaton / First Aid
Apply now for an opportunity for an interview.
Please send your CV to ######### or CALL#########
Posted 18 days ago