North West London, Greater London, England
Salary dependent on experience
Are you an experienced DBA (PostgreSQL) who is passionate about working for a company that makes a difference to their customer’s lives?
Are you an IT professional with hands-on technical skills, maybe not just in PostgresSQL but other development tools that will add to the skills of what is already a close knit and energetic technically focussed team?
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who can demonstrate not just technical expertise but the passion and drive to work for a great company that has energy, drive and vision. The role is based is the beautiful English Lake District, however once proven in the role there will be plenty of opportunity to work remotely as part of the team.
- PostgreSQL and other relational databases.
- Data modelling and database design.
- Database schema creation and management.
- Writing, optimising and reviewing queries.
- Database backup, recovery, failover and testing.
- Setup and management of clustering and replication. Forensic investigation into database anomalies.
- Migration between database environments.
- Data security and encryption methodologies.
- Report writing and working with data scientists.
- Understanding of underlying computing and storage.
- PostgreSQL training and certifications.
- Linux training and certifications.
- Knowledge of BI products e.g. Tableau.
- System administration experience.
- Broader software development experience.
- Experience of microservices architectures.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about using technology to continually enhance the company’s core product set. You must be a team player and know how to influence your colleagues to get the right results. The team you will be joining has successfully used technology to enhance their product offering and expect all team members to be creative and influence not just the technology best practice but how the team work together to achieve the best results.
If you are great at what you do and know how to work in a team that values creative input, then this may be the opportunity that will take you to the next level.
Posted 15 days ago