£18000 - £26000 per annum
An extremely successful international law firm, are looking for a MIPTOC Paralegal to join their team in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes with occasional travel to the London office. You will be working Full Time 9:30am- 5:30pm with additional hours when needed (overtime paid) & receive a competitive salary + amazing benefits.
The client offer amazing company benefits; 25 days annual leave, group personal pension, income protection, My Family Care, Health screening, private medical insurance, access to a range of special firm discounts, season ticket loan (travel), ride2work and gym flex amongst others!
Our client is recruiting for a paralegal to work alongside and support our MIPTOC (Media, Intellectual Property, Technology, Outsourcing and Commercial) Group in London and Bristol. The role will involve working closely with a Legal Director and Associate in our Bristol office, where you will be based. You will assist, for the most part remotely, Partners, Legal Directors and Associates from our London office. The work will be a mixture of noncontentious commercial matters, data protection, as well as IT, IP, media and commercial litigation. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to varied and interesting work and good personal development opportunities.
Main duties include:
- Assisting with the conduct of litigation/arbitration/mediation and involvement in key stages, for example, preaction, pleadings, disclosure, witness statements and settlement negotiations.
- Assisting and, where appropriate, leading document review tasks including pre-action investigations, disclosure and data subject access requests. Liaising with the firm's eDiscovery and Client Data team in respect of these.
- Preparing draft correspondence and analysing key documents to produce detailed factual chronologies.
- Completing high-level commercial contract reviews for a broad range of well-known Technology and Retail clients to assist senior lawyers with drafting and strategy advice. Presenting these as either client-facing or internal notes.
- Assisting with general commercial work such as drafting consumer facing terms and conditions, brand protection, marketing and advertising queries (including drafting advertising copy and Advertising Standards Agency complaints).
- Attending client meetings/calls/conferences, occasionally with Counsel/experts. Also preparing for and attending occasional Court hearings. Taking minutes and preparing detailed file notes.
- Organising papers and assimilating documents received from clients/third parties. Preparing bundles (digital and hard copies) with support from the firm's Reprographics team.
- Preparing client-facing correspondence and reports such as engagement letters, progress updates and billing reports.
- Assisting lawyers on a broad range of data protection matters, including reviewing and drafting client policies.
- Legal research on discrete points for ongoing matters including using legal databases and other resources to obtain and review case law and articles. Presenting this information in clear and concise reports.
- Client-facing research into upcoming regulatory / policy changes in the advertising sector (both international and UK).
- Excellent academics
- LPC graduate and/or CILEX qualification highly desirable
- Prior experience as a paralegal preferred (ideally in a commercial or litigation department)
- Well organised, flexible and efficient
- Great attention to detail
- IT literate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Hopefully the above has ticked all of your boxes, in which case, please click on apply or send your CV to #########
Posted 20 days ago