Buyer - Hemel Hempstead | 1297 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England
Basic Salary : £30-35k + 25 Days Holiday
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for an adaptable and commercial Purchasing Manager/ Buyer to help improve our already established procurement function.
Salary: £30,000- £35,000
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday
Location: Berkhamstead, Hertfordshire
Commutable Locations: Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, St Albans, Luton, Watford, Milton Keynes
We are a small cog in a big wheel and part of a world leading manufacturing business. Since the groups foundation over 30 years ago, it has grown to become the market leader in their niche sector. Today, the group consists of 19 companies, a team of over 600 people, six production plants in Europe, America and Asia, an extensive sales network in over 100 countries and a vast range of products that includes over 50,000 different items. Think of us as the UK's Sales & Marketing arm of this global business.
The Purchasing Manager / Buyer will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for developing and managing the day to day running of the purchasing department. You will be responsible for forecasting our stock orders for all UK and foreign suppliers, ensuring we have sufficient stock levels to meet the demands of our sales and current trends.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Purchasing Manager / Buyer, you will be maintaining and developing key relationships across multiple vendors with 13000 SKUs in the company book (1800 = 80%). Your strong business acumen and procurement experience will allow you to balance our stock control and reduce cost across our global suppliers. You must have knowledge of working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV. You will also be heavily involved in forecasting alongside our Product Manager.
· Oversee the ordering of all stock items, packaging, shipping, and company stationery, making sure we are getting the best rates.
· You will look after supplier rebates ensuring we are meeting our buying targets each quarter and forecasting orders to enable us to achieve them.
· You will meet with new and existing suppliers to build solid relationships.
· You will oversee the supplier's folders ensuring they are kept up to date with their catalogues, price lists and any other correspondence or literacy provided.
· Take an active part in management meetings to help develop the company, ensure planned goals are achieved and help maintain change.
· Forecast the ordering of our keyboard stock and ordering components and all Promotional Forecasting.
To be considered for the Buyer / Purchasing Manager role you will:
· Be an expert negotiator, ideally be experienced in sourcing/buying from multiple global suppliers.
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to communicate at both a senior and junior level.
· Be a strong communicator who is confident and keen to be part of a dynamic and energetic team.
· Be able to manage numerous priorities without dropping the balls and always keep your eyes focussed on what is most important.
· Happy to either roll your sleeves up and get into the detail or to stand back and be able to see the bigger picture.
Ability and must haves:
· You must be able to successfully multi task.
· Excellent communication skills and maintain good relations with suppliers, customers, and staff.
· To work under pressure due to the varied workload.
· Organise your workload and prioritise work to meet the demands of your department.
· When a backlog occurs, you must communicate this to the MD if it will have an effect on the company's operations.
· You must be self-motivated and willing to use your initiative and make it happen.
· Be a proven user of Microsoft Dynamic Nav.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IL16377, Wallace Hind Selection
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...