Engineering Project Manager
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Can you create concepts and design special purpose machinery?
Do you have project experience and the ability to provide technical input to machinery solutions?
I am currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager to work for a worldclass bespoke special purpose machinery manufacturer. This machinery is PLC controlled automation machinery used within the FMCG and pharmaceutical industry.
Slightly different to the conventional Project Management role, you will be tasked with providing technical proposals & designs from the very start when the customer makes an enquiry about a piece of machinery and bridging communication between the field and the headoffice with respect to machinery specifications and technical capabilities.
- Work with the customer to develop and validate machinery specifications from the offset, ensuring practicality and feasibility when the design reaches head office to be manufactured
- Provide technically detailed solutions, quotes, proposals, suggestions etc that are best suited to meet the customer requirement
- Make calculated business decisions and resolve conflict where appropriate
- Selection of material and able to define manufacturing processes
- Bridge the gap between internal engineering teams and customers in the field
- Completely own the project, managing all risks, changes and consequences
- Perform and authorise design changes or reviews
- Identify predelivery/installation requirements
- Be the single point of contact for the customer
- Manage the hand over
- Commercial awareness, ability to work with multicultural global organisations and resolve conflict, demonstrate assertiveness and stand by technical decisions
- Applicants will need to understand special purpose machinery along with the bigger picture and how it is applied
- A technical degree in a relevant discipline such as Automotive, Aerospace, Electronic, Mechanical, Automation Engineering etc
- Knowledge and experience with Project Management is absolutely paramount, candidates should be able to create a design and deliver the project from cradle to grave
- Mechanical Design Experience (INVENTOR or major package) and ability to conduct design changes or review is also essential
We are looking for motivated, intelligent and selfdriven engineers, that have a willingness to demonstrate their technical ability, as well as expose themselves to new engineering concepts and modern technology. We are looking for people that have an inquisitive nature as well as ability to understand the bigger picture.
Posted 92 days ago