Director Software Engineering
City of London, London
£130000 - £150000 per annum + benefits listed in advert
DIRECTOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Every day, thousands of acts of cyber crime and cyber terrorism are committed; compromising sensitive information and putting people in danger online. As technology advances and we break new ground in areas like AI and machine learning, criminals leverage this to extort, steal and put vulnerable people at risk.
Lead the team fighting them.
My client are a global leader in cyber security. They design large scale, highly complex, yet elegant solutions that help governments, nations and private enterprises protect themselves online for cyber threats and attacks. They wok that they do helps people stay protected in the connected world, ranging from market leading security architecture for cloud and infrastructure, secure data warehousing and cloud transformations, through to market leading software products that prevent financial crime and money laundering they are the last word in cyber and information security and lead the way in the UK with their design and build capability, but have an impressive global presence, working with clients all over the world to ensure their information security is stateoftheart.
Think you could lead the charge?
We are now looking for someone to take on the challenging position of Director of Software Engineering.
This role will encompass every level of software engineering within the business. You will set the strategy, define roadmaps, sign off on major portfolios of work and head up the leadership team. You will have 15 direct reports and be responsible for 2000 software engineers located all over the world.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to lead the work that helps protect people online in the connected world to inspire, drive forward and transform companies in their cyber security endeavours, and lead a world class team, from junior developers through to global heads of.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A software engineering background primarily working with several or all of the following Java, C, C++, C , or Python
- Excellent knowledge of the full stack from complex embedded software through to elegant front end development
- At least a Masters degree in a related discipline an MBA would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven track record leading global software teams within either a director or global head of role
- Expert knowledge of all areas of software engineering strategy, architecture, design, development, integration and deployment, as well as all areas of the development lifecycle testing, devops, governance etc.
- You will have gained this experience in a global enterprise
- Experience liaising with Executive external stakeholders global CEOs, CTOs and CISOs, effectively and expertly communicating, influencing and advising them regarding their software engineering goals
- Knowledge of software engineering within either a cyber security, defence, telecoms or financial services setting
Benefits on offer include:
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Market leading pension contributions
- Generous car allowance
- Above market rate holiday allowance
- Excellent private medical care and flexible benefits
- The opportunity to drive change on a global scale for huge brands
Lead the global team transforming the way software protects people online apply now using the website or forward your CV directly to be considered.
DIRECTOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Posted 21 days ago