Programmes Internship (Voluntary, Travel Expenses Paid)
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Full Travel Expenses
Role Title:Programmes Intern
Commitment:3 days per week with a minimum of 6 months commitment but this is flexible
Location:Human Appeal Head Office, Human Appeal, Carrs Road, Cheadle, SK8 2BL (free parking available)
Expenses: This is an unpaid position but we do reimburse reasonable out-of-pocket expenses such as travel and lunch in line with Human Appeals expenses policy
Why does this role matter to Human Appeal?
We are a global humanitarian and development organisation. We save lives, alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence. Volunteers are an integral part of Human Appeals success. They are the ones that create real change for those most in need. This is your chance to meet new people, gain new skills and experience and have fun whilst being part of a great cause.
In this role you will provide administrative, project and ad-hoc support to the wider Programmes department, with a focus on information management and coordination, across the full spectrum from emergency preparedness to response.
The Ideal Candidate will be a student or graduate in a related field, such as International Development, with a real passion for Human Appeal and humanitarian aid and demonstrable communicatyion and organisation skills.
Benefits of volunteering with us:
- Excellent training opportunities
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills
- Offer to provide references after 3 months of volunteering
- Opportunities to take part in Human Appeal campaign
- Experience of volunteering with an international charity
- Excellent support as part of a frinedly team
- Great experience for gaining employment in Programmes, Campiagns and Project Management
Learning & Development:
To enable you to take part in this opportunity Human Appeal will provide
- A detailed induction to provide you with an overview of Human Appeal
- Training and shadowing providing all the information and skills needed to fulfil the role
- A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
- Payment out of pocket expenses in line with Human Appeals expenses policy
- A volunteer handbook that outlines all of the policies and procedures you will need to be aware of whilst volunteering
This would be an ideal role for someone interested in or looking to get a step on the ladder in the competitive Charity Sector!
We are looking to recruit for this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
Click APPLY to send through your CV today!
Posted 6 days ago