SEMH sports Ta
Truro, Cornwall, England
Up to £1200 per month
Are you a SEN TA with Special needs experience and looking to work? Then we are looking for you!
- Our Specialist SEN branch here at Teaching Personnel is currently looking for a SEN experienced Teaching Assistant to support MLD & ASD as soon as possible. The role is full time and working hours are between 0830-1530, Monday-Friday.
This supportive SEN school in Cornwall requires the right candidate to support their learners with am adapted curriculum and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive behaviour management, and by creating engaging lessons using a multi-sensory approach. This is a full-time long-term role of one academic year for the right candidate with the potential of continuing next academic Year.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A strong understanding of students with behavioural difficulties
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adheres to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries.
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals within the school.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour and de-escalate appropriately.
Role involves supporting the learners within the classroom and sometimes in a group setting inside and outside the classroom. It also involves guiding the student emotionally and behaviourally at times of stress and helping them to overcome their barriers to social interaction and emotional recognition.
As each day can be different, an adaptable and flexible approached is essential. If this seems like the role for you then please get in touch with our SEN team on######### or email for more information.
Posted 12 days ago