Payroll & System Development Manager /Payroll System Specialist - Unit 1 | Zoek UK
Payroll & System Development Manager /Payroll System Specialist
Unit 1, Aston House Horse Chestnut Close, Chesterfield S40 2FL, UK
Job Title: Payroll & Systems Development Manager
Location: Chesterfield, Town Hall
Salary: £31,371 - £32,878 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 5th July 2020
The Council are looking to recruit a Payroll and Systems specialist to support them with a range of projects over the coming 18 months.
This is an exciting opportunity to join them as they develop the Digital Transformation programme. Their support functions sit at the heart of their people centred organisation and constantly enable them to constantly grow and improve.
Purpose of the role:
- To develop and maintain the Payroll/HR integrated pay and personnel computer system to ensure system security, functionality, and efficiency.
- To ensure the efficient and effective provision of payroll service.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Involvement and participation in other HR IT/Projects to actively support the council's mission to deliver high quality and optimised HR/Payroll operational services through self-service and automation; supported by standardised and harmonised HR/Payroll processes and IT systems.
- Ensuring essential HR/Payroll system upgrades and patches are tested within given timescales
- Providing your expert Payroll systems knowledge to the business for Payroll enquiries
- Identify HR/Payroll system issues and escalating them to management
- Ensure the business is kept up to date with all new HR/Payroll system functionality
- Provide technical administration, support and training as required to the HR and Payroll team
- Computer Literate with excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Resourcelink, and ability to develop MI reports using Cognos/Resourcelink Reporting Service
- Excellent knowledge of payroll - both legislative & working processing knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of HR/Payroll system administration (Resourcelink) - including technical, development & maintenance knowledge . instrumental in projects including functionality development, system maintenance for upgrades, year-end routines.
- Proven leadership skills
- Extensive experience of working in/leading a payroll team
- Extensive experience in Resourcelink system development including module development and implementation, upgrades, maintenance
- Experience in monitoring systems
- Qualified in payroll via CIPP or other recognised qualification
- Knowledge of Local Government or similar payroll processes
- Knowledge of Local Government Pension Scheme
- Worked in Local Government
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Working in local government is a highly satisfying and rewarding experience in so many ways. In return for the contribution you'll make to the local community, you'll enjoy an excellent range of benefits and the possibility of flexible working options, plus learning and development opportunities which will offer you the chance to progress your career further.
Please click theAPPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILSfor the application form.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Systems Development, HR Systems Specialist, Payroll Officer, Systems Administrator, Payroll Specialist, HR & Payroll Systems Manager, Payroll Executive, HR Officer, HR Payroll Specialist may also be considered for this role...... click apply for full job details