Assistant Clerks of Works
Assistant Clerks of Works UKAEA
Are you interested in new build construction project and ensuring all builds are delivered with exceptional quality?
Do you have experience in health and safety in a construction background?
Would you relish the opportunity to work on some exciting construction development project?
UKAEA is the home to JET (the Joint European Torus) and MASTU (Mega Amp Spherical Tokamak Upgrade), with plans to operate both experiments in this year.
This is a great opportunity to work alongside some of the most progressive science and engineering advancements including; the future of clean energy and innovative robotics systems. It is a chance to join one of the worlds leading Fusion Research facilities. With considerable investment from government into fusion energy research, now is an exciting time to join the business.
In your role you will be a key support to the Property Unit Group.
You will inspect the onsite construction works of new buildings to ensure quality of construction and compliance with the design and works information, monitor safety during the execution of the works in compliance with regulatory requirements, keep records of onsite programme issues, record history and reasons why delays occur.
In your role youll
* Take measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards.
* Make visual inspections.
* Witness commissioning activities.
* Ensure strong health & safety standards and bring any issues to the attention of the principal Contractor.
* Keep detailed records of various aspects of the work, which include:
progress and any delays, number and type of workers employed, weather conditions/temperatures, visitors to the site.
* Keep details of any significant events including any serious deficiencies in health or safety performance observed while on site.
* An understanding of legal requirements while working in a construction environment.
* The ability to understand design plans and written instructions.
* A good knowledge of health and safety legislation.
* Experience in construction.
* Project coordination experience in construction.
* To be IT literate.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority is a large UK government research organisation based on an expansive site just outside of Oxford. UK AEAs mission is to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technology and position the UK as a leader in sustainable nuclear energy. With over 1,000 employees, this is an exciting and vibrant place to work.
- Please note, this role is strictly within IR35 and only available on PAYE/Umbrella basis.
- All employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Posted 14 days ago