Band 7 Lead Occupational Therapist Brain Injury/Neurological
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £22335.30 per annum
Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Lead Occupational Therapist to work in Sheffield on a parttime basis in a Specialist Brain Injury and Neurological Care Service. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The Salary for this permanent Occupational Therapist job is £37,225.50 per annum.
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team, contributing occupational therapy expertise to ensure we deliver outstanding assessment, care planning and support for the people in our care
- Participating in the provision of high therapeutic activities, using a wide range of approaches to suit the patients varying needs Assisting with the training of care staff and others in principles of occupational therapy, so that an understanding of occupational therapy underpins the work of the care team
- Encouraging independence and personal choice and help provide an environment which is conductive to patients with varied and complex needs
- Providing evidence based practice and that is outcome focused
- Taking an active role in your own personal and professional development and to be able to support junior staff in their development.
Providing evidencebased practice with an outcome focus
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
- Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the MDT and senior professional and managerial staff
- Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
Have a legal right to work in the UK
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays that grows with service
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients requirements.
- Reasonable Adjustments:
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Posted 41 days ago