Colchester, Essex, England
£35k - 40k per year + .
Permanent (Full time)
Starting Salary £36,076 pa
MANUCOMM are currently recruiting for a technical Manager to join a manufacturer of national and international retail, food service and catering end user customers. They have recently invested in an additional state-of-the-art high-care production facility, incorporating the most up-to- date processes and equipment.
We now need to recruit a talented individual to help build on their success.
Technical Manager Responsibilities
- Development & maintenance of the FSQMS (Food Safety & Quality Management System) in accordance with BRC, IFS and customer requirements.
- Effective management & implementation of HACCP.
- Management of finished product specifications, including retailer specification systems and artwork sign off.
- Regular liaison with customer technical contacts.
- Management of ingredient, packaging & equipment suppliers including supplier approval & specifications.
- Lead contact for BRC, IFS, customer, 3rd party & any other technical audits on site.
- Work closely with the Quality Team to ensure that all internal auditing is carried out according to schedule.
- Work with the Production & Quality Teams to ensure that agreed standards are met & effectively communicated.
- Regular liaison with Company Directors.
Technical Manager Skills / Experience Required
- Qualified to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of three years food manufacturing experience, ideally in a Technical Manager / Quality Manager role at a BRC/IFS accredited 'high care' site.
- Level 3 Award or equivalent in Food Safety and HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
- The ability to organise and co-ordinate multiple projects and to set priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Food safety auditing and product specification writing experience.
- People management experience.
- I.T. literate.
This may suit a candidate who is keen to take the next step in their career
Commutable from Ipswich, Chelmsford, Colchester, Sudbury, Braintree and surrounding areas
Key words - Technical Manager, Technical Services Manager, Technical Team Manager, Quality Manager, QA Manager, Quality Assurance Manager
Posted 130 days ago