Customer Service Technician
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
Customer Service Technician
Hours: 39 hours per week with an early finish on a Friday
Job type: Permanent
Blatchford is an award-winning rehabilitation provider, who are proud to be industry leaders in the market with specialists around the world and the leading supplier of services and products to the NHS.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Technician, to work as an integral part of our specialist After-sales Customer Services (ACS) team based in Basingstoke.
Responsibilities of the Customer Service Technician:
- The Technician is ultimately responsible for repairing and servicing prosthetic products for our patients from centers throughout the UK.
- This is a rewarding role for a proactive individual who thrives in a manufacturing environment, where they are experienced in repairing, servicing and modifying specialist equipment precisely and effectively, to particular specifications and requests.
- You will be a reliable team worker and be trusted to complete tasks accurately and to deadline.
- You will use these skills and experiences to determine what action needs to be taken when a product arrives within the ACS Group under a returns authorisation.
- You'll work with an experienced team of technicians to develop your skills to enable you to undertake necessary work to expert quality standards. You will also have the opportunity to liaise with our NPD team in the development of new products for service requirements and the purposes of service and repair and communicate with our customers when required.
Requirements of the Customer Service Technician:
- Due to the unique nature of our industry experience in prosthetics manufacturing is not essential, although it is highly beneficial.
- In order to excel in this role, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at a technical level, both verbally and written when required.
- They will have a thorough understanding of and experience of working in electro-mechanical and hydro-pneumatic assemblies or service and be computer literate to a moderate level.
- You'll be focused and flexible in your approach, and able to operate in a high-pressure environment.
- The successful applicant will determine and undertake services and repairs in accordance with the requirements of the request and update our system to demonstrate work done. They will highlight any issues found, seeking advice from product specialists when necessary and take responsibility for re-evaluating returns requests which are not covered by the initial authorisation.
- The nature of the role is varied and can be fast paced so the successful candidate will maintain high standards when working to varying deadlines and specifications.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Customer Service Technician, then please apply now!
Posted 29 days ago