Learning Support Assistant
£1,000 - 1,300 per month
Are you interested in a Learning Support role in a Secondary school?
Do you have experience providing additional support to young people?
Teaching Personnel are working alongside a Secondary School in Salford who has highlighted a staffing gap for a Learning Support Assistant.
- Full-time Learning Support Assistant role following the October half term break until the end of the academic year.
- Work with pupils at various levels of learning ability.
- Support and mentor students in small groups and on a 1:1 basis where needed.
- Dependent on your experience, earn up to GBP350 per week.
- Supporting pupils who require additional support within specific subjects.
Working as a Learning Support Assistant in our client Secondary School, roles and responsibilities will include:
- Incorporating interventions for pupils in small groups or on a 1:1 basis, with various levels of learning ability.
- Supporting students in need of extra support and reporting their progress back to Senior class teachers.
- Supporting students with learning difficulties, such as dyslexia, who can show signs of occasional challenging behaviour.
- Working alongside class teachers supporting students aged 11-16 in classes.
Experience of working with individuals who have learning difficulties is desirable as these skills will be highly transferrable. Our client school would like candidates that are familiar with students that are known to show challenging behaviour alongside their learning difficultiesand therefore, require extra support with their studies.
Our client school is based in Salfordand can be accessed via the M61and A580 from surrounding areas of Greater Manchester for those who have their own transportation. For non-drivers, there are several forms of public transport with links to areas such as Bolton, Leigh and central Manchester.
For immediate consideration, please submit a full CV to Megan Knight. To obtain further information, please contact the Manchester West Secondary Office on the contact number provided below;
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 11 days ago