Our client, a leading financial services company based in Marlow, are looking for an Insolvency Manager to manage the insolvency team in conjunction with Senior Manager, Directors and Partners to ensure timely and accurate delivery of recovery services.
- Managerial responsibility, providing leadership, direction and guidance to staff on a portfolio of cases
- Manage and appraise the team engendering a positive attitude to work and professional development and developing staff to maximise their potential
- Complete all statutory tasks and formalities in accordance with set deadlines, maintaining an effective diary system in this respect
- Have proven technical knowledge of different types of insolvency cases, comprising ADMs, ADRs, CVLs, CWUs, CVAs, IVAs and BKYs
- Develop and train the team, providing advice, guidance and training on allocated tasks to ensure structured development of person concerned. Also review progress on their cases on a regular basis
- Setting goals and targets for staff and ensuring they are achieved
- Maximising asset realisations and ensuring recoveries are pursued in a proactive and costeffective way.
- Responsible for team WIP management
- Review directors disqualification reports prepared by team members and assist with more complex D1 returns
- Chair creditors meetings when appropriate
- Oversee effective use of IPS and Case diaries and make recommendations where appropriate
- Liaise with and instruct professional agents and solicitors
- Oversee production of high quality reports and letters
- Monitor fees to ensure they are drawn regularly, and in accordance with resolutions passed by creditors
- Promote, cascade and encourage statutory compliance and current legislation, best practice and inhouse policies and procedures
- Develop personal contacts with existing work providers and other professionals within the Recovery/Insolvency market
- Be aware of technical developments and be able to recognise their impact on the client base
- Take a proactive role in mentoring Trainees providing guidance on role and career development
- Partake in and support marketing and business development initiatives with relevant technical commentary and content.
- CPI Qualified
- Studying towards or JIEB qualified
- Gained the necessary experience within Recovery
- Excellent compliance skills
- Level of knowledge to train team in more advanced and effective use of IT including Excel, Word, Outlook, Virtual Cabinet and IPS
- Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively managing own time and costs in addition to overseeing the team.
- Ability to build a network of contacts/referrers internally and externally
- Awareness of relevant financial targets and constraints and contributes to achieving these, keeping line manager informed of progress.
- Convert options into recommendations and resolutions
- Developing presentation and technical training skills
- Promotes need for continuous learning and considers development of specialist areas of knowledge
This is a fulltime position, working Monday Friday, 9:30am 5:30pm.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration and benefits package, along with excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.
Posted 32 days ago