SQL Database Administrator
Earby, Lancashire, England
£35k - 40k per year
I am looking for a SQL Database Administrator to join a worldwide leading manufacturing company, based in Lancashire, on a permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the SQL Database Administrator:
- Develop, maintain and support the existing ERP and related systems and Informix database.
- Deliver support and training to non-technical users in the ERP and other computer systems both in office and factory locations.
- Participate in ongoing reviews of current systems adequacy, determine and implement the changes needed to improve service and enhance efficiency.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Deal with requests, issues and faults, maintaining, installing and updating programs and hardware as appropriate. Some out of hours and weekend working may be required.
- Day to day admin tasks.
- Provide support and cover for IT colleagues as required. For example, hardware, software, network infrastructure and Windows server systems.
- IT related issues in the factory e.g. hardware deployment and fault finding
- Compliance with company and departmental quality standards and procedures.
- Compliance with company Health & Safety procedures and instructions.
- Other duties as directed by the line manager
Key Skills and Qualifications Required of the SQL Database Administrator:
- Must have experience of implementing, supporting and developing complex ERP systems.
- Ability to perform Unix/Linux server admin tasks an advantage.
- Must have a strong understanding of relational databases (preferably Informix SE and Informix Dynamic Server).
- Must have strong skills in SQL development (SQL statements, Stored Procedures and Database Triggers).
- Strong programming skills.
- Ability to develop and understand Unix shell scripts (Bourne shell/Korn shell) an advantage.
- Must have strong user support skills giving support to users in use of the ERP and other computer systems and hardware.
- Must be able to write SQL based reports and extract data for transfer into other presentation interfaces (e.g. Excel, web, ERP system) using FTP and/or ODBC as required.
- Ideally knowledge of and experience of supporting Windows server and desktop systems.
- Must have excellent problem solving, interpersonal, presentation and analytical skills.
The successful SQL Database Administrator will be paid up to £40,000 per annum.
If interested, please apply immediately. We also offer up to £500 for successful referrals.
Posted 24 days ago