Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire
Up to £30000 per annum
Mears are the UKs leading provider of Voids services to landlords, local authorities and registered providers looking for an experienced Voids Supervisor.
To succeed in this role you will need to be a be well versed leader, supervising and controlling the daily contract activity, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
The successful Voids Supervisor will need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to enthuse, motivate and negotiate. Ideally you will have an experience leading a team alongside having a commitment to continuous service improvement. You will be working as part of a local team supporting the supervision activities and requirements of our Housing operations, ensuring all supervisory procedures are being undertaken efficiently in compliance with Company operating procedures, deliver best in class customer service, whilst satisfying all safety, quality and cost control standards relating to budget, profitability and resource deployment.
This role will be reporting to the General Manager, however the job role will include a close working relationship with other Supervisors, Sub Contractors Supervisors, Customer and Community Manager and MHM housing officers.
As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for achieving and exceeding deadlines under pressure as well as delivering on the following objectives:
- Meeting with and building client relationships through meetings and by providing a quality service to quality standards.
- Supervising operatives to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads and diaries, allocation of works to operatives, maintaining appointments, monitoring progress, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed safely and within contract timescales.
- Overall stewardship for everything Health and Safety.
- Supervising the site on a daytoday basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control.
- Monitor the use of all plant, materials and vehicles. Ensuring at all times the correct use and maintenance of these items to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- Writing reports through IT and MS office package including staff appraisals.
Mears are looking for someone who can demonstrate the below
- Knowledge of Repairs & Void Maintenance, measured term contracts and schedule of rates.
- Knowledge or roofing works
- P405 Asbestos Qualified
- Scaffold Inspector Qualfied
- Trade City & Guilds qualification
- Experience of working in Social Housing
- Experience of Supervising Operatives and Sub Contractors.
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, thats why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistance Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job interests you, Then Mears would love to hear from you! Follow the application process and a member from our InHouse Recruitment team will be in touch.
Posted 51 days ago