Primary Behaviour Mentor - Southend
£57 - £70 per day + We Pay Via PAYE
At Teaching Personnel we are working in partnership with a 2 form entry primary school in Southend to appoint a behaviour mentor. This opportunity is to work in Year 1 pupil who has challenging behaviour. You will work to support the pupil with their behaviour and learning through the course of the day. This is a class-based position working closely with the child; however you may have to deliver 1:1 intervention sessions independently to maintain the progress of the pupil's behaviour and learning. You will be providing help to the class teacher with the pupil to aid them in overcoming any behavioural issues, whilst also acting as a role model.
- Passionate and empathetic individual
- Relevant qualifications (level 2, level 3, degree)
- Previous experience working with SEN, Challenging behaviour, Youth offending, Youth Work or Sports Coaching
- Strong GCSE results English and Maths
- Good background subject knowledge of KS1 National Curriculum
- Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and emphatic listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Current DBS on the Update Service (or willing to apply for a new one)
A Behaviour Mentor is a tailored intervention role that has been designed to help pupils with behavioural problems to reach their full potential and is extremely beneficial in supporting pupils in education. If you are passionate about supporting pupils in a primary school environment then this could be the role for you!
Posted 24 days ago