Occupational Health Advisor Northallerton
Northallerton, North Yorkshire
£33771 - £36225 per annum
Medicall Recruitment are currently working in partnership with the public uniform services and we are currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Advisor.
This is a full time; permanent position and you will be based in Northallerton.
You will assist in the provision of an occupational health service to meet the needs of the Force. You will provide professional services and advice to management and employees on all matters relating to occupational health, particularly the prevention of illness and the maintenance and improvement of health and wellbeing.
The salary for this role ranges between £33,771 £36,225 dependent upon experience.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN and Occupational Health (Diploma or degree) qualification and post qualification experience
- An understanding of current occupational health issues and an ability to keep abreast of current initiatives and best practice.
- Ability to manage a demanding caseload, to organise time effectively and to cope with the pressures therein.
- Current driving licence or the ability to travel other locations
- Current NMC registration
- Significant Experience within occupational health setting is desirable but not essential
Duties of this role include:
- Manage a caseload and provide a professional and confidential occupational health service to individuals within the organisation in accordance with policy & procedure, practices and applicable regulations.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, such as the Health & Safety team and managers to explore options and develop proactive solutions where employees wellbeing is compromised.
- Liaise with the OH&W and wider HR team regarding general staff care issues, training needs, policy and practice, without any breach of confidentiality or compromise to the nature of this post.
- To maintain and provide statistical information of activities, to identify any organisational issues or wellbeing trends within the workforce, ensuring these are escalated and communicated appropriately. Work with colleagues to develop initiatives to combat these.
- Provide support and management information to assess the impact of staff care provision and assist with future planning of the service ensuring activity reflects best practice and business objectives.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships and partnerships to support the achievement of objectives, particularly in relation to the support and monitoring of cases due to ill health
- To provide an input on occupational health and related issues as required (e.g. induction, specialist groups/meetings, line managers, training events, focus groups)
If you wish to apply or would like further information about this opportunity, then please apply with your CV via this advert or contact one of the team on#########
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful, on this occasion.
- By submitting your CV to Medicall Recruitment Ltd you are consenting to Medicall Recruitment Ltd providing you with our services as an agency defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. You are also authorising Medicall Recruitment Ltd to search for potential opportunities on your behalf. You are also giving your consent to your personal data being included on our secure and confidential database and its use in order to secure employment.
Posted 30 days ago