Support Worker Calm Caf
£9.32 - £9.55 per hour + See Job Spec
Would you like to join an awardwinning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life? We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently.
As a Support Worker you should have the ability to stay calm under pressure creating an environment where people with mental health needs feel safe. Good communication skills as well as having a nonjudgemental attitude are required.
We have some of the most dedicated and enthusiastic staff and volunteers that you could ever meet and if youre interested in helping vulnerable people to achieve their goals, there could be a place here for you too.
- To ensure the highest possible standards of support are delivered to service users.
- Work with Emergency services to provide the best possible outcome.
- To be the first point of contact for ad hoc visitors.
- To provide support to service users/visitors.
- To work with the onsite Mental Health Specialist.
- To ensure Alabar complies with any code codes of practice and other legal requirements.
- Collect and collate date used for key performance indicators (KPI)
- Be responsible for all areas of Health & Safety.
- Proactively engage in accessing mainstream community resources.
- Offer dedicated tailored support to Service Users.
- To encourage service users to attend routine health care appointments.
- To ensure access to pathways to other service providers/agencies initiatives.
- To participate in community initiatives, partnerships and forums across Wiltshire promoting mental health awareness.
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of us. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity. Why not join our team, all staff receive the following benefits:
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this.
- Comprehensive induction Training.
- Access to awardwinning training and development My Learning Cloud.
- Generous sick pay when 6month probation is completed.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus.
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer.
- Staff Work Perks.
Support Worker Support Work Care Learning Disabilities Mental Health Autism Caf Health
- Experience of working in Health and Social Care.
- Experience of working with people with mental health problems.
- IT skills, including Windows based word processing, and email.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written.
- To have a strong understanding of the needs of people with mental health problems.
- To have up to date knowledge and awareness of local and national government mental health initiatives.
- A demonstrable understanding of social exclusion and the Recovery approach.
- Have an understanding of substance misuse.
- Have an understanding of learning difficulties.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage/ prioritise own workload.
- The ability to remain calm in a crisis and to have a methodical approach to problem solving.
- To have a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- Commitment to service user and carer involvement in the delivery of services.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Alabar Christian Care & Support are working in an exciting new partnership with AWP to provide an innovative new service; a community based safe haven/place of calm caf. Over recent years, Safe Havens cafes have been gathering momentum nationally. Pockets of positive evidence are already growing which demonstrate their ability to effectively manage and reduce MH crisis, and even reduce MH admissions.
With the onsite Mental Health Specialist create a place of calm through engagement with individuals initially between the hours of 5.30pm and 1.30am. The place of calm will be a multiagency hub providing those requiring levels of support to divert mental health crisis escalation or maintain their post crisis recovery journey.
Posted 7 days ago