Mechanical Research Engineer
Mechanical Research Engineer Surrey
The company Im recruiting for is an automotive technology firm with over 100 talented people globally. Their mission is to drive sustainable transport through innovation, and we are the imagination behind vehicles that travel further, perform better and use fewer components.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Working across engineering and research activities to innovate, design, test and analyse with the goal of ensuring the products are the best on the market over the long term.
Key Responsibilities include:
Although are not limited to the following:
- Generate ideas for improvements to the electromagnetic design of inwheel electric motors
- Develop, test and analyse motor design improvements
- Develop highlevel concept designs to support feasibility work with prospective customers
- Detailed motor design, including electromagnetic and thermal analyses, as part of product development and research activities
- Managing collaborative projects with Universities
- Proven experience in developing new concept designs
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks (2D & 3D)
- Experience of electromagnetic products, ideally electric motors
- Previous use of both thermal and stress analysis tools
- Previous experience of designing experiments and analysing results
In return, youll receive a competitive salary with a leading benefits package that includes an awardwinning pension scheme, flexible working, learning and development programmes.
If this sounds like the role for you, wed love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Mechanical Research Engineer please send your CV to Stella Grundy via the apply now button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Posted 35 days ago