QA Automation Engineer
Dublin - This Area Only
Would you like to work in a fully Agile environment? Your main objective as a QA Automation Engineer will be to write and execute test scripts/test scenarios as part of a Scrum team in a rapidly changing environment.
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a Global Information Solutions company. We are powering the world with knowledge to help make more informed business and personal decisions. Equifax Dublin is a Technology Centre based on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay with a focus on building software and technology to support Equifax operations around the world.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customised insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
About the Job
As an Automation tester your responsibilities will include analysis of requirements, writing automated test scripts/scenarios to verify stated and implied requirements, execution of test scripts/scenarios, and defect tracking and resolution.
You will be able to handle all QA aspects of your projects including estimating testing efforts, building and executing test plans, defining/creating data, communicating status and providing requirements for regression automation.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a thorough technical knowledge of software development methodologies, design and implementation with an emphasis on Scrum Agile and XP.
Experience using test automation frameworks and tools, from, JUnit, NUnit, MSTest, Cucumber, JBehave, Karma, Selenium, cURL, SoapUI, Protractor and Microsoft UI Automation
- Build and promote the use of behaviour/test-driven development at multiple levels within the software by pairing with production code developers and product owners.
- Write and implement acceptance criteria. Write automation test cases that verify functional and non-functional requirements of a feature.
- Design / lead the definition and execution of the test approach for a project or projects, ensuring its consistent application across the project team.
- Continually learn relevant new technologies and apply them to the role.
- Experience of and ability to design and execute effective automated functional tests
- Significant experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects.
- Understanding of databases and services (e.g. RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Experience identifying the genesis of a defect, using de-bugging tools (e.g. Firebug or Console), analysing stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts
- Deep understanding of Agile development practices including TDD & BDD and their application.
- Working knowledge of a CI system to craft builds, ideally Jenkins
- Exposure to mocking frameworks
- Understanding of web accessibility issues and appropriate methods for testing these
- Experience of productivity tracking tools e.g. Jira or TFS
If you have completed a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, computer science related fields of study and 3+ years of experience testing in a multi-platform environment we would like to hear from you.
We offer an excellent compensation package with, competitive market salaries, full healthcare, 26 days holidays, pension and bike to work scheme to mention a few.
If your application is successful we will call you for an initial pre –screen and if that goes well we will invite you into our office for a face to face interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Primary Location: IRL-Dublin
Function: Function - Tech Dev and Client Services
Schedule: Full time
Posted 11 days ago