Halesowen, West Midlands
£37000 - £42000 per annum
Shift Manager (Production/Manufacturing)
Full time permanent position shifts
Salary £37,000 to £42,000 depending on experience.
Aquapak Polymers is a developer, manufacturer and distributor of a strong, fully biodegradable and marine safe polymer resin capable of replacing standard plastics in several everyday applications.
We have an opportunity for an experienced shift manager to join the team based at our new premises in the Midlands. Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you will be a key member of the production management team responsible for leading a team across all areas of operations including; safety, productivity and quality. Ensuring that we meet client specifications in a safe, economical, fair and responsible way. You will also take on responsibility for key aspects of development of processes and relevant projects as directed by the Head of Manufacturing.
- To oversee the operation of the shift, meeting production targets through the maximisation of machine operating capacity in addition to meeting high standards of quality.
- Assist in the planning, storage of materials and scheduling of orders to maintain production and achieve targets minimising wastage. Stock control management to achieve cost control and accurate purchasing.
- Production Process Management. Supervision of manufacturing, packing, loading and despatch of customer orders.
- All aspects of team management including training, labour cost controls and resourcing for allocated shifts, holidays, sickness and absence, conduct appraisals and performance management.
- Health, Safety, Risk and Compliance. Ensure that processes are developed, all documentation is completed accurately to meet SOPs, productivity, quality and health & safety requirements.
What we are looking for:
Previous experience as a shift manager/team leader in a process manufacturing environment is essential for this role, ideally from the chemical / plastics or polymer industry.
You will also need:
- Strong motivational and leadership skills with experience of recruitment, selection, training, development and performance management.
- Be educated to Degree level in Production management/chemical engineering/polymer chemistry and ILM/CMI Level 3/5 in supervisory management.
- Experience of health & safety management in a production environment, including conducting risk assessments. Have IOSH Managing Safely, or an alternative safety qualification.
- Knowledge of QA systems and procedures and experience of QMS.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, ERP/production control systems.
- Problemsolving skills and experience of LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement. A formal Lean/ Continuous Improvement certification would be advantageous.
- Excellent leadership skills; be able to communicate clear objectives and provide feedback, for individual performance improvements to direct reports.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs, introduce new ways of thinking and behaving, and have experience in applying new ideas.
Please apply with a CV. Closing date for applications is 30 October
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Posted 15 days ago