Automation Engineer - Parkeston | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Parkeston, Essex, England
£45000 - £50000/annum 33 days hols & flexi benefits
Permanent (Full time)
The role of Automation Engineer has been created due to an expanding team! Working as part of our team, you will report to our Automation/Electrical Manager and be responsible for designing software to within agreed timescales and budgetary constraints. As Automation Engineer you will work closely with fellow Software Engineers & Electrical Design Engineers both going to site in Harwich and extensive UK and worldwide travel to assist with the installation, commissioning and repair of the equipment. This is an exciting opportunity to join us as Automation Engineer and flexibility is a must.
* We would like you to be experienced with BOTH Allen Bradley (Studio 5000) and Siemens (TIA Portal)
* Entire PLC program development from electrical and mechanical design schematics
* As Automation Engineer you will perform HMI development using Allen Bradley and Siemens software packages also
* Knowledge of industrial networking (Ethernet, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, DeviceNet, Profibus) and serial communications
* Experience of motor control, Variable Frequency Drives, Inverters
* Producing functional documentation and internal specifications
* Broad engineering knowledge beyond automation; strong understanding of electrical engineering, experience with hydraulic/pneumatic systems
* Excellent fault finding skills
* All our Automation Engineer need to be able to test and commission software at all stages of development: FAT, SAT and Final Commissioning
* Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with customers and key stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
* We would be pleased to find an Automation Engineer with experience of working with Stepper Motors and Servo Drives
* Knowledge of Safety PLC programming and safe system design (Understanding Performance Levels, Stop Categories etc.)
* Proven history of identifying and implementing improvements to processes in a manufacturing environment
* Development of internal standards and specifications
* HNC in Electrical Engineering - basic understanding
A bit about us:
We are JBT, a global leading technology solution provider with offices in more than 100 countries all over the world. We are growing both organically and by acquisitions and are continuously looking for new employees that want to grow with us! We are awesome at supplying the food processing and air transportation industries with cutting edge machinery and equipment. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. In PLF International (where this position sits) we have designed and manufactured what is considered to be one of the most flexible, gentle, user-friendly powder filling machines – for rigid and semi-rigid containers – in the world! We are just missing another Automation Engineer to add to the team, as we expand.
We seek people with passion, engagement and determination to give our customers the BEST service, as well as the drive to work with us to development best in class internal standards and specifications, as we know this will make a huge difference to our organisation short, mid and long term!
Please click on the link to apply below